Monday, 12 November 2012

Another light bulb bird/sunday stamper

I decided to have another go at making a light bulb bird, Due to having to give the blue one away when i see the bramford girls. We tend to swap our challenges and with that in mind i made another for me to keep.
Didn't have the same shape bulb, so i went with what i had. Changed the colours and the style of clock made on its front. Paint used is paperarsty fresco paint in claret and dolly mix.
Highlighted in distress ink preserves
 

Saturday, 10 November 2012

Altered lightbulb challenge

 
So as you all know the bramford girls set an altered challenge a month. One of which i still have to finish which is a small shadow box/ But Nancy gave us a light bulb. Yes light bulb i hear you say, and for days i looked at it, pondered, put it to one side and looked at it again. Did a little Internet research ......... and finally decided to tackle it.
Originally i wanted to turn it in to an owl - that didn't work
Just by chance looking at some old paperarsty ding and dong stamps, I thought this may just work.
Firstly i covered my light bulb in tissue paper with rangers glue and seal. Made the hanger from wire and beads. Stamped the wing and bird head in grunge board and glued it to the light bulb and added more tissue paper to hide the edges and keep the grunge board firmly attached
 
Next i pained my bird with some ranger and paperartsy fresco paints. Once covered in layers of paint i stamped a clock on to tissue paper and adhered to the bulb using glue and seal. I then highlighted areas in distress ink (peacock feathers) added watch parts and some glitter glue. Another coat of glue and seal , and project complete.

Entered for : Tando Challenge - wings
                      Happy daze - brighten up the month
                      Artistic stamper monthly challenge - Anything goes