Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Using old stash and flowers

So finally got to show off my recent layout, using some old and new stash
I was experimenting with viva decor crackle medium on some paper and left it to dry overnight and this is what happened
I plastered the medium on to some basic grey figgy pudding paper and then enhanced the crackles with some distress ink and stain. Stitched on the paper so i could get it sort of flat as the medium tended to buckle the paper, used my mask (chicken wire) a text stamp and made some splats using distress stain to make my background, and washi tape
 
 
Then added blocks of paper, tags and flowers, along side some metal embellishments and leaf die cuts. Really pleased with the out come. Finally I'm getting the whole flower idea on boy layouts

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Bramford Challenge - tray 'she art'

 
Well it been a long time since i last posted. Its been a never ending month of birthdays and i really haven't got much done. And what i have done, i haven't got round to photographing. So i finally got round to taking some pics and this one i had fun getting messy. I started by grabbing scraps of pink paislee 'she art paper' and adhered to a piece of scrap canvas paper.
 
Made my face from a piece of book paper and coloured it in using wax soluble crayons. Once i knew where i wanted this. I messed up my papers using paint, a spotty mask, Tim Holtz background stamps, stampotique flower stamp, stitching and white circles made from paint and a mister lid.  I glued my face in place made the top of the dress from paper and scrap lace. Painted her hair in brown, stamped a butterfly and painted it and then added words form a Donna Downey stamp. Painted over with glue and seal, to seal the finished project