My Blog List

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Happiness in a metal clad box


Here is an embossed metal clad sizzix Brenda Walton shadow box die that I have used in conjunction with the paperartsy challenge blog theme of 'shiny stuff'.
After embossing the ten seconds studio metal sheet with some Tim Holtz embossing folders, I die cut them using the same base die, painted them with black fresco paint, rubbed it with a dry cloth, then added salty ocean distress paint and rubbed over with the fresco chalk paint.  I loved the final effect that this gave.
On in the insert I mounted some metal wire grid material and layered the picture with an angel wing heat embossed with stampendous aged ivory embossing enamel; some torn flowers; metal cogs; dusty attic which was rusted with some rusting powder and some torn off muslin sheets.
Again, I enjoyed this and it definitely was a challenge for me! Looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment