Friday, 14 May 2010

This weeks SCD challenge

The challenge theme this week is flowers. So after much thought i decided to print off an image i had stored in my computer. I reduced to size and printed it on to a transparency, which give my image a film like quality. I covered my 2x2 inch base in dictionary paper, inked the edges in brown ink and a brown pen. When i placed my image on the top i found that you could see all the printed text underneath, especially on her face which i didn't like. So i found some off white acrylic paint and dabbed it on to the dictionary paper and placed my image. Not only did this give the effect i wanted but it also adhered the image.
The flowers in the corner were punched out of cream shrink plastic with Martha Stewart punch (a punch and stamp set) So once i punched three out (i wouldn't advice this as the shrink plastic is a little on the thick side and it was quite hard to Punch through, if you have a die cutting machine find a flower style you like and you can probably get the same effect), i used the stamp supplied to make the coloured centers, shrunk with a heat gun and slightly curled the edges before it cooled. (you will need asbestos fingers for this job LOL! ) and then adhered it to my 2x2 with glossy accents.