Friday, 16 September 2011

bramford challenge using stampotique and octopede factory stamps

This month Janet gave us 3 house blanks cut from chipboard using the T/H die. I decided to join them together, the lager in the middle and the smaller on either side. The theme of Halloween was picked and this is what i came up with. Blanks were covered in graphic 45 alice in wonderland papers. I then distressed them with old book paper, splashes of dylusions black dye, T/H black and peeled paint distress ink. I used waltzing mouse cameo stamp and pressed into lightweight clay on one of the smaller pieces painted the outside black, and added some crackle glaze and once dry sponged on peeled paint distress ink. Some hanging frames from the new pink paislee stamps and stitched to give dimension. The middle house i stamped my octopede factory stamp on the orange graphic 45 paper and coloured in using colouring pencils and stamped a chandelier at the top the last house i stamped the heads directly on to the paper and when looked at them closely they reminded me of tombstones so i added an RIP to one of them and then made a picket fence with the T/H alterations on the edge die. Tissue tape was used to make the hinges to keep the 3 houses together

Friday, 2 September 2011

bramford crop challenge

this months challenge at the bramford was a small box and a coaster. Janet gave us each a oval box, which i looked at for ages in its naked form and after much deliberation i bravely cut the lid. I wanted it to look like a little treasure box so i painted with fresco paints and crackle paint to give a shabby look. The lid top was also painted and used as the base. it was then stamped with a text stamp and T/H birds. I then stamped the girls in shrink plastic and coloured it in with pencils and whilst shrinking curled the edges. Added shells and a small bottle with the message of 'friends' inside. The coaster was given to each of us by janina, I used scraps of MME papers, lace, formed roses and bling. The cameo i made from super light weight clay, which i stamped a waltzing mouse stamp in. One of there DT had done it and it looked cool so i had to by the stamps and give it a go. The clay took ages to dry, but once dry added it to my coater to give a vintage feel.