Saturday, 28 September 2013

3 things to show

some projects to show you that I did over the holidays, and only now I have got round to putting them up. the first project is a wedding memory box, again a commissioned piece. This took me some time to get my head round due to the theme being, Turkish and bright colours. After a little research on Moroccan style wedding cakes I came up with this. I used a papertrey ink patterned cutting die as my background, dusty attic Moroccan lamps that Lou Collins gave me, and create paper restoration kit used to make the flowers. Really pleased with the result

this shadow box was made on my weekend away with my friend Emma and the scrapettes. I believe the box was from QD which had a glass lid. so I took off the lid. Painted with a blue acrylic paint, then crackled, added some white on the top and then distressed the edges with distress ink. I used some basic grey wisteria paper, prima resin Lou Collins gave me, flowers some of which were coloured with dylusions ink, papertrey ink and basic grey stamps, book pate and metal key plate, little glass bottle with shells in, chipboard butterfly, and a sizzix and technique Tuesday die.
I still have 2 niches to fill so again not totally complete.

lastly a bramford challenge, using a matchbox. JOFY stamps, paperartsy fresco paints, Martha Stewart butterfly punch and a die cut gate from memory box

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

altered bird house (bramford swap and tando challenge)

last months challenge at bramford was a paper mache bird house. so after much consideration I decided to cut the roof of with a craft knife, paint it with fresco paints, crackle glaze it and add a lighter shade of paint.
then to seek out some stamps. I used some paperarsty stamps, Ding Dong for the words stamped on the front, side and roof of the house. Flora and fauna with the trailing leaves
once I got my leaves glued to the front of the house I hot glued the roof back in place and added more leaves. Then cut a hole in the base and cut a piece of dowling to size and then painted it. Finally a base made from heavy duty board and painted. Now to the bird which was from a stamp I got last time I went to ally pally, painted with fresco paints and the boots are from a dylusions set. I decided to give him wellies due to the miserable weather we have had this week.

so much to tell......

well the summer holidays have gone, which means more time to craft, but as the days get shorter and the weather begins to turn, it reminds me that Christmas is on its way. So when I looked at my craft space over the summer holidays it filled me with dread.
I share the space with a large dinning table and a 5yr old and every November I clear the dinning table of my craft stuff, cram it underneath my nans old sewing machine table in hope that a tidy fairy will go through it all and sort it out... in my dreams.
I should have taken a pic before the transformation but I think I was so embarrassed by the state of it and the amount of stuff I had. So off we ventured to B & Q to by kitchen units and worktop and then to IKEA for shelving and hanging rail
Plus the mammoth sort out and selling of paper
 here is the much improved space which holds all my 12x12 paper boxes, my cricut and big shot. My sewing machine I bought 2 years ago, a hanging rail that holds buckets of sewing bobbins and threads and some of my punches
The expedit shelving unit which should really stand the other way up has turned the other way, thanks to my hubby and some industrial sized brackets. As I now have shelf and way to display my creations. The dinning table is the clearest I have ever seen it and it allows me to scrap and create without feel in clutter and chaos.