My Blog List

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Its been such a long time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

since i have posted anything, so i thought i would update you all. In December i entered a layout competition at Sarah's cards blog and i won. They asked if i would do a layout for the next challenge with the theme being 2010 and multiple photo's and this is what i came up with



I have used lots of 2inch by 3 inch photos, in colour and black and white and layed them on my page to make a modern frame after i misted my white page with black dye mist. Stitched around the edge and added small patterned paper. The bird cage is from tando and the bird is a spellbinders die. Now this week i finally got to do some crafting and the Bramford crop sets an ATC challenge and this month theme is "LOVE" I had two ideas in my head. The first was the heart with wings and a crown. I painted my ATC and then covered it in rock candy distress crackle, stitched a fabric panel and ribbon to add texture and cut out my shaped from spell binder die and adhered to the centre of the ATC. The crown and wings were cut out of grunge board from my cricket using the indie cart. The heart is a Heidi Swap stamp (i think???) stamped on to card stock and covered in glossy accents and a small tag added to the bottom of the ATC.
For my second ATC my base was some canvas which i misted with stream dye ink and sunflower glimmer mist. I knew i wanted a bird cage on this one so i made one from scratch using a small pair of pliers and brown wire. This took simply ages to make. I used a paperarsty branch stamp and colored in my leaves with a green promarker added a small tag that i stamped with love and then stitched around the edge. I adhered the frame to the ATC with super glue. Cut out my birds on the cricket (home accents) painted and adhered to frame. Cut out heart, painted covered in rock candy distress crackle and placed in the centre of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment