My Blog List

Sunday 1 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I know i haven't posted anything for ages, but with Christmas and the family catching the dreaded cold and the D and V bug there hasn't been alot of time to craft or blog. I have rushed to get things done which meant some of the family missed out on handmade cards - note to self start Xmas cards early. Amy way i thought i would show you what i have done. First of all the bramford challenge. We were given blank door hangers from Tracey and then we picked a name. So my hanger is for................. (not telling), But I'll give you a clue - she totally loves anything Tim holtz and even has his signature.
I started by using distress stain and inks to colour the front of the hanger, Stamped a background from waltzing mouse stamps, made a frame from chipboard and covered in MME papers. Made a grunge board flower and two buttons for the centre. Leaves are a stamp from wendy vecchi as well as the sentiment. Bottle is from maya rd and accented with lace, ribbon and bead.

The back was painted and distress inked, Tim holtz stamp used, leaves and button as embellishments I hope she likes it



I made this for my friend at work. It was a secret Santa. Bought the frame from the range took the glass out and embellished it with MME papers and butterfly cut from a sizzix bigz die and a paper flower





And i place the frame in a Kraft gift bag to which i made a wreath using T/H tattered leaves and mini tattered leaves, buttons and stickers

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Karen. Love the hanger, I've actually finished mine too and am quite pleased with it. see you Saturday????

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your door hanger Karen.Happy New Year.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen your door hanger is lovely and so are the other prezzie's you made. Don't know how you find the time xx

    ReplyDelete