Sunday, 18 March 2012

The Bramford challenge and tando creative challenge

This months challenge was to alter a children's book and was given to us by Janina and the idea was from one of the new scrap 365 magazines. I have to make a confession though, i started my book some weeks ago and it was very different to the finished product below, and after much deliberation i started again. So off to the oxfam shop i went and picked up another ladybird book for all of 49p.
so the papers used were from websters pages and there probably 2 yrs old, i had then stashed away and pulled them out for this project. I took of the cover of the book with a craft knife. Stuck my first page of the book with the second, the third and forth page together and the back page is all of the pages stuck together.
The cover and the back were covered in patterned paper, T/H book plate added and flowers cut from the patterned paper and adhered with 3d glue (which i adore at the moment)
the first page is another 2 pieces of P/P cut and stitched and adhered to the pages. The house is cut from P/P and inked and embellished with copper wire and a butterfly. The next page i rolled over and laced with ribbon, and finally i found words to a butterfly poem on the net and used my alphabet stamps from Making Memories, stamped on to paper and adhered them to the page with 3d glue.

My final pages finishes of the poem and again a flower and butterfly cut from the P/P . The back page i have turned in to a niche. Basically i adhered the rest of the pages together and cut out rectangle with my craft knife. Cut out a piece of P/P for the front and back. Applied terra by viva decor through a mask and layered my photo and on top of hessian and P/P. Added embellishments to this page and some more copper wire and a tag. I love how this has turned out i must just say i started with the back page first.
This is also my entry for this months tando challenge