Sunday, 21 October 2012

some layouts

Finally i took some pics of my recent layouts The first is my most recent and was inspired from a wendy mckee layout. I loved the papers she used  (echo park) and the sunburst behind the pic. So this is what i came up with. I have used a dienamics die to make the flowers, washi tape, a tag and some sewing around some of the patterned papers
 
 
 His layout is of our cat. Yes i finally scrapped her. I turned the photo to sepia. Used a Polaroid mount from Heidi Swapp, and the papers are all MME lost and found
 This layout uses pink paislee She papers, there lovely and bright and went with the photo's. Some splatters of ink and sewing to finish off the page


this one uses Kraft and some patterned papers from cosmo cricket and the stamped sentiment from studio calico. Totally love the simplicity of this page
 Lastly a page i did at bramford crop. Using a viva decor stencil and gesso to give a subtle background. Papers are from MME and the flowers are cut from T/H tattered florals ls which have then been misted with glimmer mist. Splatters of ink and clear dew drops added

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Bramford girls challenge and Tando monthly challenge

last month jan gave us each a circular papermache photo frame to decorate. After spending many weeks looking at it i decided to make a Halloween themed hanger which fitted in well with the tando challenge of purple, green, black and orange.
Firstly i cut apart the frame so i could decorate the inside and the outside. This was the most tricky part as i didn't want to cut my fingers
 
 The paper used is from MME . The first circle has cogs cut from grunge board and painted. The hand is from a cheap Halloween decoration that i pulled apart. The clay embellishment i made from a silicone mould and coloured in black distress ink
 the second circle has a skull cut from grunge board and painted, A Metal corner distressed with paint and ink to tone down the brass colour. The bottle was covered in glue and seal, left to dry and the applied rock candy distress paint over the top. Label cut from an old set of book papers i had and some florist moss added for rhe bottle to sit on. The fabric was cut up from the same cheap Halloween decoration.
 the last circle used has a tando bird cage, which i painted and a stampotique character behind it. Made some trailing roses from circles and the leaves were cut from the tattered garland die
Everything was distressed with distress inks.
I'll try a post some layouts soon that i have done recently,