My Blog List

Saturday 14 August 2010

SCD Week 2 Torso

SCD are into week two of torso's and the theme is MEMORIES, so i decided it was about time i used some of my Tim holtz film strip that i bought at Ali Pali some time ago.
I printed of some small images that were on my PC and adhered them to the film strip. I then coloured my torso in a combination of rose, Victorian velvet and antique linen distress ink.
When i got the background colour i liked i stamped with some small dots in antique linen. The stamped images were from a vintage collage set and the clock from paper artsy set, which were stamped in timber brown. Glossy accents and a pink gem were added to the clock and the film strip adhered with staples. The flower was done in shrink plastic and adhered. The words say Create Memories. I'm not as pleased with this one and i still feel there is something missing???? but if i add any more I'll probably spoil it. Please let me know what you think

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty love the film strip. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very pretty as it is...but how about a little flourish swirl perhaps in the blank bit under the film strip?
    Thanks for playing along again this week karen....looking forward to next week :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen it is gorgeous and so much work gone into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen it's perfect,love the colours.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you torso is lovely and I love the mix of colours you have used and blended perfectly. However, Artyjen took the words out of my mouth, I also thought a flourish just under the film strip on the left hand side would be a nice little addition. Thank you for playing with SCD this week

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is fine and I love your creations. I could go along with the swirl idea but unless you said would not really feel anything as such was missing. Add a swirl and see how you feel?

    ReplyDelete