My Blog List

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Scrapagogo altered xmas gift

I have been recently attending the scrapagogo crop as is only a few minutes away from home and goes on till late in the evening anyway at the December crop they gave us this naked wall hanging to alter. As you can see from the picture above it comes in 3 parts. A rectangular shape and 2 oval shapes with a perspex dome. As you know i just love the lost and found papers from My Minds Eye and s i have used these again for this piece. I had some great pics of our little one and hubby on our holiday in Norfolk. So i printed them on canvas paper and used an oval template to cut my photo's. Added metal embellishments in the frame and on the edges, paper flowers and leaves plus a Melissa Frances rub on and little frame. To attach the pieces together the kit came with rings but instead i used the tim holtz ones and his extra long brads and used his texture hammer to give them a battered look. Love the way its turned out just need to add some beads to the bottom of the piece.
I hope to show you a couple of layouts iv'e been working on soon. One being my interpretation of the papermaze crop kit and the other again using the lost and found papers and flowers ( which is unusual for me) plus i have used gesso, a mask, ink and my sewing machine - I'll promise to show you this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment