My Blog List

Friday 17 February 2012


unfortunately i didn't take a pic of last months challenge as i was in a rush to get it done. It was 11/2" cube given to us by carol, and i have to say i found it a really difficult challenge. Anyway this month i gave everyone a frame from poundland. I'm glad i found these, plenty of space around the edge to add elements and a square in the middle to add a pic or image. Firstly i sanded down my frame so that i had a key for me to apply the white distress stain. I then layered it with paperartsy paints, primarily the blue shades, Used a mask and stamps to add texture. The stamps used were from paperarsty as well. I then used portfolio pastles to color in the image building up the colours and using a water brush to blend the colours together. The letters are from tim holtz and then i finally used my new sewing machine to add texture to the centre image

3 comments:

  1. Gr8 frame Karen loving the images can't wait to see it irlx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely frame, I am still to tackle mine, got some ideas though.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your frame Karen,going back to the drawing board with mine today,see you soon
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete