Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Scrapagogo altered xmas gift

I have been recently attending the scrapagogo crop as is only a few minutes away from home and goes on till late in the evening anyway at the December crop they gave us this naked wall hanging to alter. As you can see from the picture above it comes in 3 parts. A rectangular shape and 2 oval shapes with a perspex dome. As you know i just love the lost and found papers from My Minds Eye and s i have used these again for this piece. I had some great pics of our little one and hubby on our holiday in Norfolk. So i printed them on canvas paper and used an oval template to cut my photo's. Added metal embellishments in the frame and on the edges, paper flowers and leaves plus a Melissa Frances rub on and little frame. To attach the pieces together the kit came with rings but instead i used the tim holtz ones and his extra long brads and used his texture hammer to give them a battered look. Love the way its turned out just need to add some beads to the bottom of the piece.
I hope to show you a couple of layouts iv'e been working on soon. One being my interpretation of the papermaze crop kit and the other again using the lost and found papers and flowers ( which is unusual for me) plus i have used gesso, a mask, ink and my sewing machine - I'll promise to show you this soon.

Friday, 17 February 2012


unfortunately i didn't take a pic of last months challenge as i was in a rush to get it done. It was 11/2" cube given to us by carol, and i have to say i found it a really difficult challenge. Anyway this month i gave everyone a frame from poundland. I'm glad i found these, plenty of space around the edge to add elements and a square in the middle to add a pic or image. Firstly i sanded down my frame so that i had a key for me to apply the white distress stain. I then layered it with paperartsy paints, primarily the blue shades, Used a mask and stamps to add texture. The stamps used were from paperarsty as well. I then used portfolio pastles to color in the image building up the colours and using a water brush to blend the colours together. The letters are from tim holtz and then i finally used my new sewing machine to add texture to the centre image